Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1UVWqVlJh

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Watch I've got planned for me.

It feels like I haven't blogged in forever! Well school has finally finished!! Thank God. It was a very hard year. I finally finished ASL classes 1, 2, 3, and now 4. I was very very sad leaving after my last final in the same room I have been in for a year. I remember walking in over last June semester and everyone was so quiet and shy and now we are like a giant family who helps everyone out over assignments and gives feedback. It was bittersweet ending this semester. I looked back on my journal the other day and I wrote "In a year I will be fluent in ASL, isn't that a crazy thought!" now I feel like I'm just waiting for the next thing to pursue.

I was VSU's ASL Club's Vice President for this year and I have done so much! I went to the Mall of Georgia chat where I sat and signed with a Deaf boy named Tyler and his family, I went to S Squared project where local deaf children from the schools came and got to experience and see that when you become a Deaf adult, you CAN accomplish your dreams. I talked to a mother there who had a four year old deaf son and told me all about how they found out he was deaf and when and I really enjoyed that. I was on the club's intermural volley ball team and this was probably my favorite thing I did. It was so fun and I got to hang out with one of my good friends Whitni while we attempted to play, and we went to playoffs! Haha. I went to Deaf Deaf World which was an awesome experience to just to see how much I actually progressed as a signer over the last year. I am so glad I got to experience all these great events! They have seriously opened my eyes to so many new things.

This year I also accomplished my R.A.D. certification which is Rape, Aggression, and Defense training. This was an awesome experience as well. Now I know all these moves and I "practice" with Chado :) I feel a lot more protected knowing that I can get out of certain situations by just using my body and I feel every woman should know and take precautions by taking a class like this offered near them.

As for my grades.... I DID IT! I got my 3.0 GPA back and I will NEVER lose it again. It's actually a 3.05 haha. I got 3 A's and 2 B's and in one of those B's my grade ended out as an 89.... My teacher doesn't round either, as she told me. I was devastated, still am. This is the second time this has happened to me where my teacher decided not to round which I think is stupid because to a college student one point means the world to us. Obviously it could've changed everything BUT I am so very thankful that I pulled out my 3.0 in the end and shouldn't dwell on the subject. God is taking care of me and I know that. Needless to say I am no accepted into my Speech Pathology program and I will begin my classes in the Spring. Good news is that I already took many of the classes needed for my program so now I am just one step ahead of where I would've been. I am really excited and nervous all at the same time but I know this is what God had planned for me all along.

Now that this year is approaching quicker, and its summer already I've decided to take my body cleanse one step further and I have started a daily yoga work out. Yoga is some tough s***. If you've never done it before I would say try it... Chad and I have a schedule now where he comes over around 11:30 and we do an hour of full hard core yoga then go for a run afterward. I am training for a half marathon so I have to keep up. After that we both usually make a salad or something healthy for lunch then go to work. He usually works at 3 or 4 and so do I. If you haven't heard I work at a gym down the street from me called Kinetix, I work daycare which is AWESOME. I totally love it. Plus we get a free gym membership. So after work I get on these amazing machines with T.v.s on them and work out for about another hour. I am totally loving this summer fitness challenge and I can totally see a change within myself. I am so much more less stressed and I can tell the changes in my body as well.

My two roommates moved out for summer and I am so happy to announce that I have found my new ones! Amber and Rakeeta! I LOVE Amber, I swear we are soul sisters. Every year we always come back together somehow, and Rakeeta is a lovely young girl who I just met the other day but totally work with. I'm so excited to start my "real" Junior year and just start from scratch. I have a new job, new roommates, new goals, and new classes. Nothing gets newer than that. It's time to start summer and I can't be anymore excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment