Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1UVWqVlJh

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Same Love = Equality

So all the pictures on Facebook have really stirred up some reactions from people against Gay Marriage, and my personal view on the subject would be to allow it. I am a very open person when it comes to knew ideas and other people's opinions but some people are just plain hateful. Their words spread like viruses into people's hearts. It's times like these when you start to see people's true colors. I have some things to say, me being Christian.

I have had this talk with many people, ever since high school, some more heated than others and some I have sat back and watched take place and just listened to other's views on the matter, and let me tell you it is hard to keep my mouth shut about it. I am a Christian but believe in free-ness, equality and so in this blog you will see me reference "Christians" and this is because EVERY person I have had this talk with has fought against Gay marriage by using Christian values to back up their claim. With that being said there are so many thoughts going around in my head that this blog could get unorganized so I apologize ahead of time.

From a Catholic Christian perspective, I believe Love is Love. I also feel like God is always testing you, seeing what you'll do next. I feel maddening when people refer to Gay Love as just lust because I don't believe that. I know people who are born gay, if you ever spend time around a lot of children you can tell when they are growing up. Have you ever asked a gay person what it's like to be in their shoes? Asked them if they had a choice? Because if they had the choice to "be normal" don't you think some of them would take it? For the Christian people who say, "Why would God make them like that if it was wrong?" I would say, "Why does God make people with Autism, be born blind or deaf, why would he make cruel minded people, or murderers?" Most people would answer that with: "Society makes them that way" and I am here to tell you that you are wrong.

I am going to go off topic for a second. For people to say that gay people shouldn't have kids because they would never experience a mommy and daddy is totally a dumb argument. You know why? People live without mommies and daddies everyday. Single moms raise their kids by themselves knowing who the father is but choosing not to even bother telling them because it is in their best interest to not. And for all the kids over seas and in America who are orphans, don't you think God put them there with a plan? I believe gay people, if wanting kids, are those to save orphans and kids who could have had awful homes. Yes there are straight couples here in America who have a hard time adopting but there are more orphan children in the entire world that need homes, straight American couples can't do it alone. Just because their gay doesn't make them stupid, they can parent just like you, maybe even better.

In my Ancient Literature class I took last semester we learned that gay people have been around since Jesus times. Yes Christians...Jesus times and there's proof. Greek Literature also has gay people in it as well you just have to read a bit. So when people argue that "Gayness has just started, it's new!" No people it has been around before you were even planned.

Something I don't understand is if you are a Christian, shouldn't you love as God has loved you? People say, "Well I do love gay people I just do not like what they are doing" ... My argument to that is, well gay people probably don't like what you are doing either. Another person told me once that as Christians we have to guide the gay people to what is right, which is not being gay. For this all I can say is the only way to guide others is to be a good child of God. Nobody is going to follow someone who is prejudice to their beliefs. Be a good witness and just focus on you, and building yourself to be the best God has seen.

One of the biggest arguments to date is, "If they are Gay the can get a civil union and not a marriage because marriage is between a man and woman and this is God's word. Laws can't be changed because this Nation was built on God's word." I'm not going to lie, I too used to believe this. But what ever happened to Division of Church and State? If you believe that marriage is between a man and women than don't marry the same sex as you. I am just very heavy set on the whole, "It's not your life, you can't choose for them route." Marriage is a sacred thing yes, but everyone who is against gay marriage isn't fighting against divorce as hard as they should be...or abortion for that matter. If marriage is so sacred than why aren't we also fighting to end divorce? So he cheats on you.... it's in Gods word. Sorry no can do. You're married now, deal with it. This obviously isn't how it works. But this argument alone shows the two sided opinions of one person. It's not fair for anyone. Why fight against something you have no power stopping? Once again, it's not your life, stop trying to live it for them.

People say, "It's all fine and good till one day your son or daughter might turn out gay, then what?" My answer to that is, I would be happy that they are alive and well. I would go to their baseball games, graduation, and wedding and be the proud mother I was born to be. I would be the same if my child was born Deaf. I would support them, because in this world its hard to find that anywhere else but your family. I'm not racist, prejudice, or sexist. I do not base love on a level of color or race.

Who are we to judge others and tell them what to do or how to let them live their lives? If it was up to others to make the decision who I love, I would not be able to be with the one I love now. People used to tell me that it was a sin for a black man and a white woman to get married. I know Chad is only half black but if the laws would have never changed I would have never been with my one true love. And that's just that. God makes a soul mate for everyone. Black, White, Gay or Straight. And I believe that. I believe that everyone should be equal just when God created us.
I believe God is always watching us to see if we make the right decision or not always, but if you are against it kindly step out of the race and let the people who matter fight for what they want. It's not your life.  This is far beyond more than marriage, its about equality.

No comments:

Post a Comment