Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1UVWqVlJh

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sentimental Nostalgia

Basically, this blog is about me cleaning my dorm. I was cleaning my dorm one day and re-organizing everything because I do it literally like twice a month and I was doing my jewelry and found all my earings, rings, necklaces that meant something to me and I wanted to go take pictures of them outside because they aren't just any piece of jewelry. These are pieces of my Grandmother's jewelry, earings or rings that my family gave me that I still have, and even little things that other people have given to me with time and I have kept every one of them. I really just wanted to make this blog for myself so that I don't take little things like that for granted because those little pieces of jewelry keep me together with people I can't see anymore. So here are my pictures and under each one is a discription of why I have it or who gave it to me or even why I keep it....

This is my Mamaw Gene's scarf clip. I've had it for years after she passed but never new what it actually was until this year. I thought it was really pretty at first but now I actually wear it!
This is my class ring with Chad's. This really isn't SUPER important but it is kinda cool to be committed to somebody so this is what this picture is all about. Committment. ....and I really liked these pictures I took. I love you Chado!!<3
When I was working at Bass Pro all the time I made friends with a Custodian who worked for ABM and we became great friends. She was a little older but going through school to better her kids' life. I admired her a lot and we still keep in touch. She's an amazing woman who a lot of people would take for granted. For Christmas her and her daughter picked this out for me and I wore it everyday for a good while until it started hitting up against the cash register so I decided to put it away in my jewelry box. Thank you Maria :)
This is my locket  haha. When I was little for Christmas I asked for a locket  and my mom and some of her friends at work bought it for me. I was super excited and I still have it :)In it I have pictures of my two little cousins, Justin and John.  I LOVE MY FAMILY!!
This is my Mamaw's ring. She had thicker fingers than I have so I always wear it on my thumb or on a necklace.
These are my earings from Italy. I also have a rosary  my sister Katelyn got for me there but it is at my house in Richmond Hill so I can't take a picture of that quite yet. She went studied abroad in college and brought us all back earings. Thanks Kate!!
My other sister Erin bought me this ring on one of my past birthdays. I always wear it when I'm not home and it kind of just reminds me of my sisters when I can't see them. There are 4 women in my family and that is what I associate the 4 hearts with. I love you Erin! Thanks :)
These earings are vey special to me in a way of family spirit. My Aunt Aletha made these and she sells them in her Salon but I've never seen anything so small and handcrafted and I love these. The picture i took is detailed but in reality these suckers are super small.
These earings were made from a necklace that used to be my Grandmother's. Almost every women in the family has these and they kind of keep us all together in a sense. They are very simple but hold a lot of memories.
This is Mamaw's clip. I never wear it because I am too afraid to lose it but I always clip it on the top of my Jewelry box so that when I open it I always think of her.
This has absolutely nothing to do with family. My family and I always go to antique auctions and on the first auction I ever went to I got this basically for free. I thought it looked so neat and it had a lot of history behind it. I'm a big history buff because I love hearing everyone's own personal story.

This is the end of my blog, I really just wanted to take pictures so that if one day I lose them or there's a fire or anything crazy like that I always have the pictures. And I wanted to make a blog today haha. HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE WHO READ THIS!!
-Sara Beth.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog posts. I love how much you love your family and they mean something to you. Sadly, that's getting harder and hard to find. :( Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love... :)

    And the backdrop on your blog here is the same design that's on some of the pages my mom uses in her scrapbooks. I'm sure you've seen them.

    Oh, and I have the same earrings in 3 pics up.

    ReplyDelete