Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1UVWqVlJh

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Money.

Saving Money is getting harder and harder for people these days, but not for me. This summer I had a lot planned on my list of things to do for three whole months. I wanted to better myself in the uses of money. This year when I went off to school I had enough money to last me for a while, and well....lets just say I didn't use it quite to the advantage that I needed too, and yes I regret it, but I learned valuable lessons out of this.

Even though I am poor in this world, I know that I am better off than others in far away places, or maybe even down the street. either way I plan on changing my habits as anyone should. Having too much stuff or even just eating out all the time, is bad for a person or even family relationships. People start caring more about things than people.

My first habit I have started it picking up pennies.
Alright I know this sounds absolutely stupid but I am telling you it's not. Screw the rule that says its gotta be on heads...Im picking up that penny. For the last 2 and a half weeks I swear I have picked up a penny or dime once a day. Its like a system now. Some people just throw pennies away. This message is to you....youre stupid. My plan is to roll these pennies after a while I keep them all in a jar along with the money that IIII...

Number two= Sell My Stuff.
I sell my stuff. Its from weird items like Gameboys to purses. Usually people buy my stuff that I would throw away. Its weird. And you can actually make more money selling stuff online than at a yard sell. Its proven. I overall have made probably $150 in the past 3 weeks and I am also getting rid of my stuff while doing it. I don't need all this stuff to make me happy. All this money goes in my jar too, and at the end of the month I take it to the bank and put it in my savings.

Number three= Couponing.
I don't coupon. My sisters coupon and it works for them. My future plan is trying to coupon when I go back to school. Not that I need to buy food because I have a meal plan but if I have to make a cake of something for some ones birthday then Ill look online for coupons for cake mix. Easy 50 cents saved.

Number four= Gas Cards
I have gas cards for almost every place known to man here in Richmond Hill. I have one for Enmark, Walmart, and I am going to  get one for Parkers. Its and easy $1 or 2 saved EACH time, which is alot if you've seen my car....

Number five= 30 day list
I JUST started this, but it seems to work and I recommend it. A 30 day list is a list that you write stuff on that you dont NEED but you WANT like...a blanket. You don't need that right now. Although you need toilet paper. After 30 days is up you can get that item, and your impulse buy probably isn't going to be as high as it was 30 days ago. Plus you might find something cheaper.

Ive only got one more real tip and its staying at home. This is for everything, eating out, going to a movie. Just stay home. I personally love to stay indoors for like dates. I would rather cook a meal for my man and than watch a movie on netflix or redbox, because I am a movie buff. I could never be a movie critic because I love them all even if they are really bad. I recommend Titanic 2! yeah you didnt know that even existed did you? Haha. Plus I love trying to make good stuff out of ramen. Try it. its fun.

Last but not least, you can find happiness without spending. I swear it's true.

"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money"- Pablo Picasso

1 comment:

  1. As I said before lol, add this one to the collection of great posts for your blog as well

    ReplyDelete