Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1UVWqVlJh

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Skin Cancer and UV Rays

Skin Cancer and Melanoma runs high in my family. I have lost an uncle to it, and my mom has had it as well. With having such a high risk of getting either of these diseases, I decided to take action. In 7th grade I remember my mom checking me out to see if I had any moles that needed to be taken off for a check and I had one taken off, luckily it came back negative and I was fine. Now 6 years later, I have been noticing change with how I need to look at life, and the thought came to me one day. I had to be responsible enough to get myself checked out on my own. I noticed a dark little mole/ freckle (not sure which) and it was actually kind of cute. It was right next to my belly button and I remember having it ever since I could remember but it grew bigger (not in a nasty way) but it did become larger which made me worried. I called my mom and told her to make an appt. for me and she did, and they took it off. It was completely gross and I was gagging the whole time. (If yall know me, you know I am weak at the stomach, and I never used to be like this) Well it was absolutely disguiting and I took pictures because i am weird like that and it is basically the steps.

My Stomach Looks totally nasty here, but this was my spot : (





This was the day after I got home and took a shower and it looks COMPLETELY GROSS!



This is a week and a half after and the day I went to go get my stitches removed!




This is AFTER my appt for removed stitches, and apparently it wasn't ready to be messed with so they glued me! SICK NASTY.




This was after the glue "worked"









This was the last picture I took, but as of right now TODAY it is completely gone and you can barely see the scar.


I was pretty worried about the results, but they told me I was negative once again. I really decided to take action and I wear sun screen everyday. I was watching the doctors and they said that ur skin is the largest organ and why would I want to screw that up?! I work outside everyday also. I love swimming and riding my bike, so why can't i just take a few seconds of my day and put on some protection :) AND it only takes 5 minutes of UV rays A DAY, to make someone's skin not only to become wrinkly, but also unhealthy. So this is my nasty blog about my skin :) Hope you enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it was okay Sara! I was wondering about it the other day. lol...creepy? oh well. You told me about it. Anyways, I guess I should wear sunscreen too. :P

    ReplyDelete