Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1UVWqVlJh

Monday, June 27, 2011

Reputation and Character Repost.

Reputation & Character

       I was reading a blog post yesterday that someone wrote about reputation and character. It got me thinking only because I thought that they were kind of wrong in some aspects. The "blogger" lol that wrote their post kind of mixed the two words "Character" and "Reputation". They made it seem like God cared about your Reputation. Which he doesn't care about your reputation on earth. The blooger was afraid people wouldn't look at him and see someone who was Holy. And here's my take on it. (This blog is really just for me, I like to write down all that I am feeling to get it out of my head)

Reputation is something Man-given. You can give your own reputation by the way you serve God and others. Reputation is nothing to be put above Character. Character is something God gives you as a little seed and while you prosper and serve others along with God himself your character grows. By serving and loving God your reputation will not always be good because some people may not always agree. Although your reputation may not "always" be good, it should be pretty nice because you would be doing nice things for others and not only looking out for oneself. Reputation isn't something to work on or think about daily. It's just the way others perceive you by either what you have done to them or for them. Why impress people you do not like?

Something to worry about or try to better, is carrying out your days one by one. Committing yourself to Jesus and not all earthly desires. If someone is worried about their reputation that means you, yourself are doing something wrong. This means you are worried about what others think of you instead of putting that worry away and trusting Jesus. Jesus himself had a "bad reputation" for being fake and lying, but it wasn't true. So if you are worried about reputation. STOP. God didn't give you life to ruin it with your undeedful thoughts. He gifted you with something beautiful and something to be forever thankful for. No matter what.

Picture I took of flowers!

1 comment:

  1. Sara,
    Just thought I'd share this with you. I keep it posted at my desk at work, I NEED to constantly remind myself of it. God and Him alone, is my judge and the ONLY one I MUST answer to!! With him, I can do ALL things and, HE is ALL I need!!! Everything or anything else is just an added blessing!!
    Here ya go:
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you REALLY are, while your reputation is merely what others THINK you are."

    ReplyDelete